Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Informant- Financial Fitness compared to Physical Fitness

His personal fitness trainer shows up at 5:30 A.M., 3 days a week. John Schlifske knows the trainer won't accept any excuses. “I have him come not because he’s going to show me exercises that I couldn’t find online,” says Schlifske. “It’s for one simple reason. He’s going to make me do what I otherwise wouldn’t do if he didn’t show up.”





Schlifske, Northwestern Mutual Chairman and CEO, believes the same type of discipline is necessary when it comes to financial fitness. “A trusted financial advisor isn’t necessarily going to give you advice that you probably couldn’t find somewhere else, although I think oftentimes they do,” says Schlifske. “What they’re really going to do is keep you from doing stupid things.”
Schlifske shared this philosophy while on a speaking tour titled The Power of a Game Plan. Steve Forbes, chairman and editor-in-chief of Forbes Media joined Schlifsky on the tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment